NATURAL RESOURCES AND DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT IN CONTEXT OF CLIMATE CHANGE
“Natural resources and disaster risk management in the context of climate change”
Natural resource management is one of the key strategies of the Vietnamese Government for sustainable development, especially in the context of climate change and natural disasters. Conclusion No. 56-KL/TW dated 23/8/2019, of the Politburo on the implementation of the Resolution 7 session XI on proactive response to climate change, strengthening natural resource management and environmental protection indicated "natural resources management is still weak, inefficient use, especially for land and water resources ..". This document also emphasizes the need to research and propose innovation solutions for natural resource management in the context of climate change and increasing disaster risks.
Hanoi University of Natural Resources and Environment hold the International Workshop entitled: "Natural resources and disaster risk management in the context of climate change" for the purpose of exchanging and sharing scientific results, research experiences and academic expertise with domestic and foreign scientists in the field of natural resources, disasters, and climate change. Its aim is also to is to publish latest and high-quality research works in this field.
The workshop was organized with the participation of leading experts in the field of natural resources and climate change from prestigious universities in the world such as Ibaraki University and Toyo Eiwa University (Japan), Southampton University (UK), Yonsei University (South Korea) and other organizations and sponsors. The conference will provide an excellent international forum for scientists, engineers, managers and policy makers to discuss and provide innovative ideas for the management of natural resources and disaster risks in the context of climate change towards sustainable socio-economic development.
- Climate change
- Disaster risk management;
- Natural resource management;
- Cooperation in natural resources and environmental management for sustainable development.
DATE AND VENUE
- Date: 02 days (9/01/2020 and 10/01/2020), including one day for field trip and one day for academic conference.
- Location: Hanoi University of Natural Resources and Environment, 41ª Phu Dien Str., Bac Tu Liem District, Hanoi City, Vietnam.
The conference was organized with the participation of leading domestic and foreign experts, scientists, and researchers from many organizations and countries.
- Number of delegates (expected): 150 people, including:
+ International delegates: 25 people
+ Domestic delegates: 125 people
- Supporting organizations: Ibaraki University and Toyo Eiwa University (Japan), Southampton University (UK), Yonsei University (South Korea) and others.
Articles will be reviewed and edited for publish at the Conference Proceedings with ISBN numbers.